VIA VL751 - Super-Speed USB 3.0 to NAND flash controller
The VL751 is VIA Labs' second-generation single-chip solution for USB 3.0 flash drives offering enhanced performance by doubling or even quadrupling maximum throughput over single or dual-channel designs using today’s popular flash memories. The VIA Labs VL751 has been certified by the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) for SuperSpeed operation, ensuring high quality, seamless interoperability, and effortless backwards compatibility.
Featuring a 4-channel memory controller with interleaving support to offer blisteringly fast data transfer speeds of 120MB/s or more, VIA Labs VL751 offers improved parallelization and higher efficiency through integrated pre-read and pre-write buffers, better support for popular flash memories, and a pipelined ECC engine.
The VIA Labs VL751 features USB mass storage class 'Bulk-Only Transport' for universal compatibility across platforms such as Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux without the need for additional drivers. The VIA VL751 is fully compliant with the USB 3.0 specification, and is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 standards, offering class-leading performance in USB 2.0 mode with transfer speeds of up to 35 MB/s.
In addition to high performance, the VL751 is also designed for ease of implementation and support. Powered by multiple, advanced in-house PHYs, the Via VL751 offers outstanding signal integrity characteristics and supporting popular 2X-3X nm flash while consuming minimal power.
- Compliant to USB 3.0 specification revision 1.0, and USB specification revision 2.0
- Mass Storage Class Bulk-Only Transport (BOT)
- Pre read/pre write buffer
- Pipelined ECC engine
- Supports USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP)
- Integrated in-house Super-Speed PHY and USB 2.0 PHY
- 4 Channel with Interleave support
- Supports up to 8 CE Pins, max. 32 NAND flash memory chips
- Supports 2X-3X nm flash memories
- Adjustable ECC Engine Support
- Global Wear-Leveling
- Power-cycling handling