VIA VL810 – Super-speed USB 3.0 Hub Controller
The VIA VL810 from VIA Lab's is the industry's first fully integrated single chip solution that supports the higher transfer rates of the new USB 3.0 specification, allowing maximum data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps, or ten times the throughput available to USB 2.0 based devices.
The VIA VL810 enables four USB devices to be connected to a single downstream port on the host computer or another hub. Employing an advanced CMOS process, its integrated in-house USB PHY enables One upstream port and four downstream ports support not just Super-speed transfer, but are also backwards compatible with previous USB specifications and offer support for Hi-Speed (480Mbps), Full-Speed (12Mbps), and Low-Speed (1.5Mbps) traffic.
Employing a well planned pin-out and advanced manufacturing process, devices based on the VIA VL810 can enjoy easy layout and a low working temperature in the most compact device housing. Full sideband signal pins are available for showing power enable, over current, and LED status control. The SPI interface can support external EEPROMFlash for firmware upgrades or additional software enhancements. The VIA VL810 is available in a QFN 88L green package (10x10x0.85 mm) to fit small form-factor designs.
VIA VL810-based hub devices enjoy full and comprehensive driver support on all modern operating systems including Windows 7. It is suitable for stand alone USB hubs, desktop PC front panel hubs, on-board hubs, docking systems, and USB hub compound devices including mouse, keyboard, display and printer USB devices.
- Compliant to USB 3.0 specification revision 1.0, and USB specification revision 2.0
- Fully integrated single chip implementation
- One up-stream supports Super-speed, high-speed and full-speed traffic
- Four down-stream ports support Super-speed, high-speed and full-speed traffic
- In-house USB PHY employs advanced CMOS process with low power consumption
- Supports USB 3.0 low power states
- Supports full sideband signal functions inc. gang mode and LED status lights
- Full software support for Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, ME and Mac OS 10X and various Linux kernels